Practical Financial Guidance You Can Count On
Focus Your Time And Efforts On Running Your Business
We are Business Performance Improvement experts. We are Business Coaches. We are experienced in corporate financial management and business operations. We are the Fractional CFO – bringing your company to a higher level of success.
Verbeck Associates provides Fractional CFO Services to SMB companies struggling with profit and cash flow. Jon has developed a proven framework that focuses on:
- Reporting and accountability - weekly scorecards and solid financial processes and numbers
- A rolling financial forecast and modeling
- A firm handle on cash flow using the rolling 3WCFF model
- Improvement strategies and measures
As a Fractional CFO, Verbeck Associates serves as your Chief Financial Officer through a long-term, part-time relationship – with 24/7 availability. The term “Fractional CFO” revolves around the idea that most companies need someone to carry out the responsibilities of a chief financial officer, but do not need one on a full-time basis. In this role, the amount of time devoted by the Fractional CFO is determined by the specific needs of your company.
Verbeck Associates serving as a Fractional CFO, supports your company’s financial management needs, providing a cost-effective means to high-level executive expertise with diverse experience. Going beyond operational support, we strive to get your company to focus on performance as it relates to your overall financial goals. In turn, your company can focus on its core priorities.
As a part-time strategist, the Fractional CFO offers all the perks of an on-site CFO, but without the burden of full-time employment costs. This idea allows you to be partnered with someone who is dedicated to the success of your business.
We are a small effective team of finance and business professionals whose only goal is to help your company operate more profitably and become more valuable.
Learn more through a free 15-minute conversation here!
Get to Know Jon Verbeck
Jon is a proven, energetic and passionate business leader with 35+ years of diversified business experience that includes executive leadership skills, strong financial management, operations, human resources, customer relations, and performance management. His strong communication, interpersonal skills, and passion, combined with significant business skills, has led consistently to successful results.
Prior to his business consulting career, Jon gained significant operational and leadership experience from 14 years as CFO of a rapidly growing PC manufacturer and distributor. He acquired his initial financial experience with both large and small companies as an audit manager with the worldwide accounting firm KPMG.
Jon works with a broad range of clients to develop effective growth strategies and to drive successful project execution and implementation. These experiences include:
- Consulting CFO with public traded companies and other SMB private companies
- Start-ups and businesses in need of financial modeling and strategic assistance
- Specific profit improvement strategies, strategy execution projects, business modeling, business process improvements, cash flow forecasting management, and implementation and testing of internal control policies and procedures.
- Troubled companies and turnaround projects.
- Non-profit interim CFO and turnaround / efficiency projects.
- Medical practice optimization projects.
Jon regularly provides CFO and business advisory services and helps develop strategies with actionable plans that enhance profitability and cash flow. Jon works with organizations from start-ups and businesses in need of financial modeling, to public company CFO Services, to college interim CFO to profit enhancement and strategic advisory for turnaround businesses.
Jon’s clients have included a wide variety of manufacturing, service and distribution companies, non-profit organizations, higher education, and medical practices, ranging from $2 million to $1.4 billion in sales and revenue.
Jon was awarded the Turnaround of the Year award by the Turnaround Management Association and was recognized in the January/February 2018 Journal of Corporate Renewal.
Jon is a Certified Public Accountant and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He is an Ironman Triathlete and received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Syracuse University’s Martin J. Whitman School of Management.
Areas of Expertise
- Interim/Part-time CFO, Public Company CFO
- Turnaround and Profit Improvement
- Business Process Reengineering
- Business Modeling and Strategic Planning
Certification / Education
- Syracuse University, Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, New York State
- 2017 Turnaround of the Year, Turnaround Management Association
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- American Institute of CPAs, Member
- New York Society of CPAs, Member